Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mother Teresa & the Janitors of Providence College

" Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor...Let no one come to you without leaving better or happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile; kindness in your warm greeting. "

~~
Mother Teresa of Calcutta, 1910--1997
quote found on www.inspirationpeak.com

T
he one morning I spent picketing with the janitors left me feeling better than when I arrived. Sure my fingers were cold and my nose running, but I felt the connection with these people, the union staff, the Providence College security folks and also the Providence Police. I cannot express it without sentimentality, but it gave me a greater understanding of the Providence College students and faculty as well.


I believe a contract has been ratified, but I do not know the specifics

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great quote!!!!! We loveeee itttttt! It's always been one of our favoritessssssssssss!