Monday, December 29, 2008

Rhode Islanders' Rally on Dec. 31: End The Occupation

Thanks to the facebook group,US Campaign To End The Israeli Occupation,
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2758106908&ref=ts

I learned of the following planned event.

Wednesday, December 31, 6-7PM
Burnside Park (opposite Kennedy Plaza)


Contact: Martha Yager, AFSC-SENE,
401-521-3584 or MYager@afsc.org


As a Recovering Zionist ( and I increasingly think all nationalisms are chronic illnesses), I find the current "defensive" attacks by Israel to be heartbreaking. There was a time when I would have justified them. That time was when I was in elementary and high school. I missed the 25 year reunion a couple of years ago...

Grace Paley's solidarity with Palestinians and advocacy for human rights for all is one of the roots of this blog.

No comments: