Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tess, Ethan, Nichole and Hope!

Yesterday my cousin, Vanessa the biologist (microbiologist?somethingelsebiologist) gave birth to:

Tess Mohan Ruta

!

Eleven years ago (Monday, January 19, 1998)I was still expecting my son Ethan. He arrived on January 20 in the afternoon...

"Every four years a big party" said someone whose child also has a January 20th birthday. What I remember oddly was afterwards at Women and Infants Hospital, when Ethan (and maybe Eric) slept, I looked up at a tv, and saw President Clinton denying knowing the Infamous Intern. Or maybe that was the day, when he said so clearly, "I did not have sex with that woman"...The story might have broken on the 18th or 19th, but I was busy eating Chinese food and trying other tricks to induce labor...

Tonight Ethan and I will board a bus in New London, CT and travel to the Inaugural festivities and I am more grateful than one sentence (or paragraph) can convey to my Family, in all of its extensions and constellations for helping us reach this Celebration.

Tomorrow Hope and Nichole (in Warwick?) will be 15! I met them as competitive 7 yr olds at the remarkable dojo of New Wave Self Defense in Warwick, RI...

No comments: