Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Grace Paley: Collected Shorts (Lilly Rivlin, Director)--Will be shown in Denver, Colorado

Lilly Rivlin's Documentary about Grace Paley is playing there this weekend.

Here is a link to the Film Festival site's description of the film.

If the link works, there is a clip of Grace, and people speaking about Grace, and, of course, it brings me to tears.

It is a very short youtube video.

I am very much looking forward to seeing this documentary.

Although I have not met Lilly Rivlin, we have exchanged emails, and she lives in the same building in New York City that my Aunt Sue and Uncle Peter live.

It's an enormous building for artists and so they may have never met, but then again probably entering or leaving .... And my relatives have lived there a long time, and I have visited, so perhaps I "met" Lilly once holding a door for me ( or vice versa )...

I love Small World stories.

Grace Paley's birthday is in one month and a couple of days.

No comments: