Friday, February 18, 2011

Pastor Duane Clinker testifies for Marriage Equality in Rhode Island



If I remember correctly, Duane Clinker was a union organizer when I first met him. It was a long time ago, and he might have been an organizer for a community group.

I think this little video is worth viewing -- and I am not a Christian nor a Biblical Scholar --

Thank you, Duane Clinker, for this testimony and for many other kind and creative acts.

There is a short and powerful little essay about Grace Paley's presence in a New York City hearing which addressed gay rights. Apparently there were some Orthodox Jews testifying in a way comparable to Orthodox Christians. Not appreciative of gay rights. According to the writer, Grace Paley stood up and spoke in Yiddish loudly and clearly in response to the bearded men.

I get tearful just imagining it. If I can get permission or find an internet link to the Grace Paley memory (possibly it is part of the PEN issue which was published after her death), I will certainly post it.

Gay Rights = Civil Rights.

An Injury To One Is An Injury To All.

No comments: