Thursday, January 12, 2012

10 Years On, 10 Reasons Guantanamo Must Be Closed

10 Years On, 10 Reasons Guantanamo Must Be Closed

My Mom introduced me to Amnesty International when I was about 10 years old, perhaps, 8 or 9.

I am grateful for their research and publicity of human rights' violations.

I am grateful for activists witnessing and agitating for Justice and Compassion.

How does our (US government) treatment, of people in these ways, bring us any security ?

I have seen no initiative from Congressmen Langevin and Cicilline and Senators Reed and Whitehouse on this matter ?

If I am wrong, and one of these men has spoken up or published a paper or co-signed a bill, Please, let me know.

2 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

The whole "extraordinary rendition" thing is horrible, we've lost the moral high ground as a country.

I think of that American guy in Iran who is facing the death penalty, and all I can think is, "How can we ask them to treat this young man humanely and not seem like hypocrites?"

Anonymous said...

There is no god. Religion is a waste of time. Do something really useful-take away the tax credits from all religions. They don't want to "take Caesar's money"? Fine. Don't give them any more of it. Then we'll see who's "prophetic".