Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Year of the Dragon!

I am not sure when (or where) this was recorded, but I think it was when I was very young or even not yet around!

What a sad and small audience.

I love Peter, Paul & Mary, am so grateful to have enjoyed them in concert on many occasions....

Edit: 1966 ! But what month ? I was a toddler ! My mother played their records for (to?) me and my brother....



Hoping my attempt at sharing the wikipedia link to their article on *Puff, the Magic Dragon* works.
.

I had forgotten the racist use of this song...

On a lighter note, my Mom and I attended a P,P & M "Reunion" at Lincoln Center in the 1980's, and heard this song, and they joked about the rumor it was referring to mj. Ironic, that Mary Travers was a cigarrette smoker then.. She spoke in later concerts about her giving that up for her grandchildren....

No comments: