Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bill Plaschke: Now it's Saints who should absorb a knockout blow

Bill Plaschke: Now it's Saints who should absorb a knockout blow

I have never understood football the way I do baseball, and increasingly basketball.

I have played lacrosse...I know a little about hockey...

Yes, there is offense & defense. Yes, tackling & being tackled are elements of football.

The idea, that team members had a system of rewards for causing opposing players to be unable to leave the field without assistance or to return to a game, is repugnant, to put it mildly.

It's criminal & there should be prosecution.

I thank my H.P. ("imaginary friends"!!?) that my child chose basketball.

We cannot ask our children to be non-violent and simultaneously craft physical attacks on their sports' icons.

Friends who follow the NFL tell me this is not new...they wonder who revealed the secret...

Thank you, people, who break these silences.

No comments: