Monday, June 16, 2008

Rites And Reason Awards, 2008

Most Recent Recipients of Rites and Reason Awards:

Darnell J. Fine '08: Rhett S. Jones Legacy Award for Outstanding Contribution to Institution Building

Gina Rodriguez '08: Alexis Prussack Legacy Award for Outstanding Contribution to Institution Building

Julian Drix '08: McKinley Ragland Legacy Award for Outstanding Contribution to Institution Buidling

Elizabeth C. Morgan '10 and Sevita Qarshi '10: Marsha Z. West Legacy Award for Outstanding Contribution to Institution Building

Bradley Toney '10 and Janine Heath '10: Donna Edmonds Mitchell Torch Award for Outstanding Rising Junior

Tomas Landes '11, John Racioppo '11, Elizabeth Rothman '11 and Akinyi Shapiro '11: Annual Luis Pagan and Joanne Suh New Pioneer Award for Outstanding Contribution to Institution Building by a First-Year Student.

I hope that this time my effort to copy and paste has not resulted in chopping off people's names on the right margin (well, it's no secret, I lean to the left). This information is gleaned from the website of the Africana Studies Department of Brown U. I tried unsuccessfully to post a link, but have now deleted that line. The link below to Rites & Reason Theatre does work, thankfully!

On a personal note: Darnell J. Fine and Gina Rodriguez were my stage managers for The Candlemakers of Kletsk at Rites & Reason in October of 2005.

If you belief in prayer, or anything of that ilk, please (as the Quakers say) "hold in the light," Rhett Jones . Rhett is in RI Hospital as I write this. Rhett has been a mentor to me (and more) since I studied with him my sophomore year (1983-1984!)


No comments: