Monday, January 25, 2010

Rooting for Rich and John (Serious as a Heart Procedure)

I learned that today, two sportscasters are having procedures, even as I type this!

Rich Kincaide
is also a blogger and writer and man with a sense of humor and justice. We have never met in person, but have exchanged enough emails and commentary (and are friends on facebook too)for me to be grateful for his presence.


Everybody Wants To Read My Blog
is worth visiting every day. He has kindly included this blog in his blogroll, and wow, I like the company he's included us with.
Rich is the author of, The Gods of Olympia Stadium: Legends of the Detroit Red Wings(September, 2003). Jackson Street Books can probably help you locate a copy.

~~~~~

John Minko
, works for WFAN, a NY radio station, "home of the New York Mets", and is affectionately known as the MinkMan. Mike Francesa announced yesterday that John is having bypass surgery today. John, is someone I have never exchanged emails with, but I have enjoyed hearing his voice for years. He has a sense of humor, a love of sports, a humility all of which are endearing.

On facebook there is a fan page for John Minko.

I am grateful for the existence of modern medicine!

And Henry Shelton is doing much better
, according to Richard Walton who has shared emails from Carol with a group of us.

No comments: